Even as popularity of pre-college programs increases (Early College High Schools, PTECHs and Dual Enrollment), a growing number of students still struggle to succeed. Let’s help these students using proven Teaching & Learning practices that have already helped millions close the gap between performance and potential.
This professional learning is for you if you are:
- An instructor of Dual Enrollment, Early College High School (ECHS), Career Pathways, PTECHs/CTE, or an AP/ IB course
- Postsecondary faculty
- Leadership supporting pre-college or postsecondary faculty
What will be covered:
- How to augment critical thinking capability via AVID WICOR® strategies
- How to increase accessibility to rigorous content
- How to provide support that improves student engagement
- How to reach the student with relational capacity
- How to develop organizational and soft skills valued in the workforce
AVID Summer Institute (SI) is the annual opportunity for 40,000+ educators to get professional learning and tap into a community of passionate practitioners.
For the first time, instructors of pre-college programs have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues most influential in ensuring seamless student transition to higher education. This supports AVID partners by:
- Addressing needs specific to pre-college and postsecondary course instructors
- Supporting successful student matriculation
- Fostering AVID schoolwide growth for AVID partners offering pre-college programs
Each strand guarantees 13.75 hours of instructional strand time and 5.5 hours of campus team planning time.