AVID’s new Digital Teaching and Learning training helps educators choose: what tools are best suited for their class, when to incorporate apps and other tools, and how to teach the digital skills that will help students leverage and meaningfully use technology in college, careers, and life.
We invite you to watch this short video that shows how AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)—well regarded as providing excellent professional development for educators—now provides digital pedagogy, resources and strategies to maximize student learning!
This new three-day training is:
- An immersive experience where educators apply digital pedagogy to AVID’s instructional framework
- Meant for middle schools and high schools that are 1:1 or on the path to 1:1
- Designed to support experienced AVID teachers in blending proven AVID strategies with technology tools to prepare students with the skills they need to be college- and career-ready
- An experience where participants are supported with best-practice pedagogy, resources, and guidance on how to use technology to facilitate student learning and engagement
- A platform-agnostic approach because there is no “one tech fits all” model across classrooms
While this course is only available to current AVID partners, we would love to talk to you about potential ways to collaborate with AVID or how to become an AVID school. More than 6,000 schools throughout the U.S. have partnered with us to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.